Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Cranberry Green Smoothie

I ran out of blueberries for my blueberry smoothie.  I was very sad.  But I found some cranberries in the freezer and decided to try those.  If you've ever had a cranberry, you know they are super tart, so I also added a date, hoping that just one would be enough to make it drinkable instead of puckerable, lol.  It was really good!  So I thought I'd share :)

Cranberry Green Smoothie

1 1/2 oz greens (I used 3/4 oz baby kale and 3/4 oz spring salad mix)
3/4 C coconut water
3 oz cucumber, sliced
3 oz frozen whole cranberries
1/2 oz fresh ginger, sliced
1 large medjool date, pitted

Blend the greens and the coconut water together for a while, then scrape the sides of the blender and add the rest of the ingredients.  Blend until smooth and enjoy!

Yield: about 2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment