Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Health Update: Starting the Elimination Diet

Well, today is the day.  I'm starting the Elimination Diet again.  The primary reason is to lose weight and flush the toxins that have built up from being sick and eating poorly for so long, and I'm hoping some other things will clear up also.  I thought I'd share progress once a week on how I'm feeling and how much weight I've lost, along with (semi) daily meal plans.

230 lbs
42 inch waist
Other concerns: I have trouble sleeping deeply, I have an ulcer that's reoccurring from years ago that I'm trying to get healed, still have energy problems.

My plans for this week are to have a smoothie every day, drink lots of green soup, focus on basic hearty fare like the harvest squash soup from the book, along with taco type things made with brown rice tortillas, refried adzuki beans (recipe coming), rice, a little chicken and some guacamole.  I don't do well with fasting, it greatly compounds my energy problems, so I won't be doing the 2 day pure liquid and pureed soup fast that begins the diet.  I will be doing as much of it as I can with the smoothies and green soup, but I will also be eating the tacos too, so I can keep my energy up.

No comments:

Post a Comment