Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Week 1 Health Update

Yay, I made it a week!  And it wasn't even too hard.  I was really hungry the first few days, but I'm not having much in the way of cravings at all.  The food I've been making is so tasty and satisfying that I'm really not missing anything.  I think that getting into the right mindset has helped a lot also, and knowing what to expect.

225 lbs
42 inch waist

I lost 5 lbs the first day, just from the colon clearing effects of the liquid fast, but I haven't lost any more this week.  Probably because my girl time is starting today.  Cramps, booo!

I've been sleeping deeper when I sleep, but I still wake up a lot at night.  My stomach feels like it might be healing a bit and I think I have more energy, though it's hard to tell when I'm using it all up every day!

Looking back on this week, there are a few things I wish I'd done to prepare better.  I had to unexpectedly be out of the house most of the day on Friday, and I hadn't made any snacks to take yet.  I barely had time to make a green smoothie and grab a bag of dried fruit, but all that sugar left me feeling pretty bad.  I wish I'd made some of the seed granola (ED book) beforehand, and had some tortillas and guacamole prepared so I could have taken a light meal with me when I had to leave quickly.  So I worked hard on Saturday to make the granola and other stuff that's easy to grab if I have to leave quickly again.  I also put one of my 4oz jam jars full of granola in my purse, so I can have a snack if I get stuck somewhere.  I'll be thinking of other small things that aren't too sweet that I can keep in there also.


No comments:

Post a Comment