Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Elimination Diet and Palio AIP recipes

So, my sister did the Elimination Diet earlier this year with us, and kept at it after we had to quit.  Just before the holidays she challenged dairy and discovered that she has a pretty serious dairy allergy!  Yikes, but so glad she found it!  That is what the ED is all about, finding what you react to.

So I went looking for dairy free recipes to use during the holidays, and discovered an incredibly helpful thing!  It turns out that the Palio Diet spin off, the Auto-Immune Protocol, is very similar to the Elimination Diet, and there are tons of recipes out there for it!  This is wonderful, because while I am a very proficient technical cook, I am not a very creative one.  I've gotten rather good at substitution to convert recipes either to gluten free or ED friendly, but coming up with new stuff?  Hardly ever happens.  And I can't wait to try some of the things I found!

No comments:

Post a Comment