Friday, February 5, 2016

Elimination Diet Days 13-16

Being sick sucks.  So tired, can't sleep because I can't breathe, etc, etc.  So yeah, having problems being motivated to do anything, much less stay on the diet.  So I've been halfway ignoring it for the last few days.  I've been eating a lot of the food I had prepped, but I've also eaten out several days too, just because I was out anyways and it was easier than trying to figure out what to take with me.

But I'm feeling better already!  Part of it I think is because I really concentrate on not doing more damage than the cold already does, and part of it because my body was already settled into detox mode because of the diet and so I was able to detox the sick out faster.  I also focused on eating my fermented foods like kim-chi, water kefir and some fermented okra I put up this fall.  I've read that if you gargle and swish the contents of a probiotic pill before bed, it helps out compete the bad bugs in your sinuses.  Figured it would work with probiotic fermented foods too. 

I made chicken and rice soup today that was easy and tasty.  Looking forward to getting back in the groove in a few days, but not going to stress about it until I have a bit more energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment