Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Nut Butter Bread

I was glancing at Heavenly Homemakers for the first time in almost a year, and she happened to have a post about bread made from nut butter.  She also made small buns with her muffin pan.  I was intrigued.

I have lots of friends who are gluten/dairy free, and other friends who poke sticks at paleo once a year, and I myself have been having problems handling anything resembling something sweet...sooooo, I gave it a try.  And was promptly amazed.  It truly is like bread.  A good, hearty whole grain, nutty bread.  And best of all it's insanely easy!

I made mine from almond butter since I don't care for peanuts as a rule.  (I also have yet another friend who is allergic to them...lol)  Even family who are iffy about trying my weird gluten free experiments tried it and liked it!  So I'm reposting a repost of a repost (yay internet blogs!) so all those friends who tried it can make it at home.

And to whoever was brilliant enough to come up with something so unexpected, hats off to you and thanks so much for sharing with all of us!

The Most Amazing Peanut Butter Bread! (Naturally grain/gluten and dairy free!)
Author:
Serves: 12-16 slices

2 cups natural, unsalted peanut butter
2 teaspoons honey
Pinch of sea salt (omit if your peanut butter is salted)
6 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoons white vinegar (mandatory to activate the baking soda)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together in a blender or with a hand mixer.
Pour into a well-greased 9x5" loaf pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
Allow the bread to sit in the pan for about 10 minutes to cool.
Remove bread from pan and cool on a rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment